Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Ultimate Grilled Cheese

Today we had one purpose. Our goal was to make it to Atlantic Beach so Brett could get his favorite sandwich, the Ultimate Grilled Cheese. Since I was little, my parents and I have been eating at the NY Deli by the Crow's Nest in AB. It is one of my favorite places. The deli has six or seven tables crammed into a sliver of space. The walls and ceilings are covered with wine, NYC, and Italy items.

We took Brett for the first time within the last year. That's when he was influenced by my dad to try this particular sandwich. Prosciutto ham, fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil and provolone toasted. It was polished off in seconds! He looked very happy to be eating this sandwich again. Mom got her favorite Reuben and I stuck with the same "Empire State" (turkey and bacon) I have always ordered.

I guess we were so happy, we decided to carry home some dinner as well. Shrimp salad, chicken salad, pasta salad, potato salad, and prosciutto. And bless the man's heart that owns the place, he talked us into taking home a chocolate pecan pie and pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving. It's not even turkey day and I have eaten more than I did last week! I only wish I had my camera to give you a visual...maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment