Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Steps!


This week Moses started taking steps! He was standing holding on at the couch and I held my arms out and he started moving his feet toward me. I was only one step away so it was easy for him. It made him SO happy. He tried a little more each day and today we made it up to about 6 or seven without falling. He is really so excited. He has his arms out over his head and is squealing with delight. Moses is not into us holding his hands and practicing. He wants to get it himself.
If you remember he just started standing on his own last week and now he is already moving forward. It was the same with sitting. He would sit in place for about a week or two and then he immediately started to creep and crawl. My little boy is just not up for anything that keeps him down!

We did have some other things going on this week. We met some playgroup friends at the pool and had our first swimming experience. Moses seemed to really like the water and splashing with his buddies. I was slowed down later in the week with some sort of bug. I had a slight fever so Brett worked from home some to help out with Moses. They had lots of daddy/son time.


Last night Brett and I went to our friend Elizabeth's surprise 30th birthday. She and I both of been out of town a lot so it was good to see her and other friends. I think she really didn't know that we were waiting at her parent's house to surprise her. Her husband and family really did a great job. Moses went to stay with the Abees and definitely was the center of attention. Thanks to them for letting Brett and I have an adult night out!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Moses! I am so excited for him and I bet he is thrilled to be doing it all on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! What a big boy!!!

    ReplyDelete