Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Too may words Tuesday...

I've been doing Wordless Wednesdays now and again, but this picture has some explanation so we'll have it today. I haven't been as consistent about cooking as I would like. I have cooked, just not like I should have. I was very determined to get a good meal on the table last night. This has been SO hard because of the stage Moses is at. If he is in the kitchen he is getting into the cabinets (let me just say, some of our child proof latches are just for decorative purposes). I do let him have free reign in my cutting board and muffin pan cabinet and he does have a spoon, but he likes to wander and then he wants to be held. He also insists on trying anything that he seems me cutting up or eating. He's my little shadow.

He did some of these things last night but also decided he would like to play in our living room. That was fine because we have an open floor plan so I could see him. The only time he tuned up is when I used the food processor. After I had finished, I noticed the field day that he had with his toys....ummm, wow?!

At least he had fun and was quiet. For now, that is all I can ask for? As for my dinner, it turned out great! Here is the recipe for my mama's meat loaf.

Easy Meatloaf

1lb Ground Beef
Green Pepper
Yellow Onion
2 Slices of Bread
One Egg
Ketchup
Oregano
Salt
Pepper

Dice one half of yellow onion and half green pepper. Sautee until softened. Shred two slices of bread into bread crumbs (I use my food processor). Add into bowl ground beef, egg, onion, green pepper, approx one cup of ketchup and bread crumbs and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Mix until blended well. Mold into a "loaf" shape in a pyrex dish. (You can use loaf pan but I like this better). Cover with ketchup. Bake at 350F for approx an hour. Add more ketchup after first 30mins. I usually cut mine in half to make sure it is done. Moses actually likes this meal as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment