Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Moses at 14 1/2 Months


Here is a quick update on what is going on with Moses! These past few weeks I have noticed a big change. He is talking a lot more. We can't understand most of it, but something are clear to Brett and I. Dada is his favorite word. I think he has also gone through a big growth spurt. He wears 12 to 18 months pants which are usually big in the waist. The length is starting to fit better. As far as shirts it can range from 18 months to 2T.

He is still a great night time sleeper. He goes to bed between 6:30-7pm every night. He wakes up between 7-8am. Breakfast is usually his biggest meal and he can still eat almost two waffles. Instead of cutting up the waffle, I have started giving it to him whole and letting him bite it. He is still taking a morning nap and it has actually gotten longer! He usually sleeps 1-2 hours. About once or twice a week he will not sleep, but he happily rests in his crib for about an hour.

Lately Moses has not been interested in eating lunch or dinner which makes eating meals a slight struggle. I am hoping this is mainly due to the fact that he is getting all his molars in. He is mostly eating a lot of fruit. He is currently obsessed with french fries. If he sees anyone eating them he makes it a point to let you know he wants one. He still likes grilled cheese, chicken, pasta, etc. Our current struggle is getting anything green into his system. He is also learning to use a fork and spoon on his own but as with most skills he grasps gross motor skill much quicker than fine motor skills.

Moses loves books. He will bring them to me all during the day to read or he will sit and babble to himself while he looks at them. I think his favorite is Brown Bear, Brown Bear. We read it over and over and over... He loves checking in on his doggie during the day by looking out the back door and talking. The pots and pans are also a lot of fun and he enjoys the one cabinet he has access to. Moses loves playing in our bathroom and closet. He brings out shoes and belts and an occasional purse. He loves hair brushes and knows how to use them! He is not allowed to play with my blow dryer and flat iron (unplugged of course) but if he manages to get his hands on them he is VERY happy.

He is still going down for an afternoon nap around 2pm and sleeps another hour or two. His favorite time of day is when daddy comes home. When he hears the garage he starts squealing "DADA!" He runs full steam to Brett (I think this is his favorite time of the day too) Moses is sometimes cranky around dinner time and I think this is the hardest meal to get him to eat. Brett and I have started putting him to bed and saying his prayers together at night. We were trading off but I think this is the best way to end his day!

No comments:

Post a Comment