
I think everyone who reads my blog pretty much understands how passionate we are about NC State. We've had a pretty disappointing football season. We've had approximately 15 scholarship athletes out for the season due to injuries. One of our best players, Nate Irving, was in a terrible car accident before the season started. Last week, we received the news that our offensive coordinator, Dana Bible, was hospitalized and diagnosed with leukemia. Really, really, really crappy season!
So Saturday, we headed off to our last and arguably our biggest game of the year against UNC. We have had two years of bragging rights in football. That means a lot living in Raleigh. Many people argue that the Duke/UNC rivalry is bigger, but you do not have nearly as many Duke alumni in our area. We live, work and in some cases live with each other all year long. Whenever football trash talk starts up, the score from the previous year is always the argument winner.
Needless to say, we were NOT expecting to win this game. I was fully prepared for a butt kicking. Moses actually came with us, so I was more focused on keeping in busy during the first half. During the third quarter, I was getting really antsy because I thought, we are going to lose this game by three points and that is worse than being beat by thirty! When we went up early in the fourth quarter Moses was done "watching" the game. I decided I would just take him back to the parking lot to play at our tailgate. Thankfully, there were some people with radios or TVs tuned into the game along our walk.
I CANNOT BELIEVE WE WON!!!! I thought Brett was going to jump out of his skin. It was probably a good think Moses was not in there because all that excitement might had traumatized him. I don't care how many wins or losses we had this season. We beat UNC!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment