Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mother of Invention

I was thrilled with Moses' three hour plus nap today. Must have been the dreary day or the necessary trip to Chick-fil-a after the clearing of the roads. The first 10 minutes he was awake he was happy. Milk and banana were being being consumed without incident. Then he spotted the Tylenol bottle in the cabinet when I reached for the goldfish. His mission was to get to that bottle and mine was to stop it. NOT HAPPY.

That began the wailing and tears that would stop and start without any reason. The only thing that would help was being held. This was in the middle of me making dinner. Pretty impossible to finish chicken and spinach lasagna with a toddler in your arms. Needless to say I was thrilled when Brett got home early. Still it was time for him to eat and the lasagna was not ready for Moses' dinner. What to do?!

I looked around. I had some leftover chicken from the lasagna as well as some spinach. I also noticed jar of sauce still had the remains that NEVER come off. So what does a desperate mother do? This one tosses the chicken in the jar and shakes it up and puts it in a bowl with some spinach. And ta-da dinner is served. I know. You are all super impressed. Luckily, my critic didn't mind much.

No comments:

Post a Comment