Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Slow Down Summer

A few weeks ago I was at a church meeting and I was talking with a few other mothers. One has a little girl who is getting ready to start kindergarten and since it is year round she will begin July 7! This has made me want to take advantage of the freedom that we will have these next few years. So, last Wednesday I packed Moses up and we headed to EI early for the weekend! We stayed a few days and Brett came down on Friday. We played on the "island" and spent time with my parents. Saturday afternoon we headed to see Brett's mom and stepdad and went to their family reunion. We got to play in the pool and with the "water" and bucket.
When Monday rolled around, I thought, why go home! So Moses and I went back to EI and stayed until today. Papa even took some time off work and we played with him a lot. I hope this Summer won't go by too quickly. I plan to make the most of it and make sure everyone has a lot of fun. Since Moses was born, we haven't really been able to afford a real vacation, but we realize not everyone has the good fortune of going to visit parents whose backyard come complete with a waterway and boat.
Moses is all for it too! This little boy LOVES the water and sand. He is so content to play, dig and splash. I have already gone through and entire bottle of the spray on sunscreen for Moses. (I am a sunscreen freak). So, if the blog goes a little quiet, it's because we're outside playing somewhere and being a little carefree. We hope you are doing the same!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Enjoy your summer! Moses is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete