It is tax free weekend in NC. Items like clothing and school supplies are sales tax free. Usually, unless it is Target or the grocery store I don't have a reason to go shopping! I decided to venture out with Moses to the mall. Usually he is fine as long as we are moving, so I decided to take him to his first trip to the Disney Store. I usually have a rule about toys while we are shopping...I don't buy them. We hold them and look at them and put them back when we are done. This time we picked two small inexpensive Buzz Lightyear toys. It made me SO proud that when we went to the register he tried to give them back instead of take them with us.
It kept him happy for a little while, but that little boy did NOT want to be in a stroller. We ate lunch and he asked to go back to the Disney Store. We went back and that's when we found Handy Manny's tool box with all the tools. I can say even I wanted him to have it. So I made an exception and bought him the toy. He was beyond excited and I was too when it bought me some more time.
But, you can't buy happiness! He eventually began to get frustrated with trying to take them all out and being confined to a stroller. I stopped and tried to help him get his toys like he wanted them. He got mad and tossed one of the toys out. I told him if he did it again that I was taking them away. Obviously, he did not believe me! He threw the toy and I took them away. That is when the crying started. It was time to go. I felt awful pushing a crying child through the mall. I also HATED the looks I was getting, mostly from older couples! I really felt I had to stand my ground.
Looking, back 24 hours later it really wasn't that bad. But in the moment, sweaty, flustered and frustrated all I wanted to do was cry! So, this is glimpse on a not so perfect mommy (and child) moment for me!
The terrible 2's and even worse 3's are fun, huh? I know exactly how you feel!
ReplyDelete