Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

I was really excited about heading to the beach for Memorial Day Weekend. I wanted to spend some time in the sun and playing with Moses in the sand. I was also ready for some help with my boys and I KNOW my parents were looking forward to some special time with them.

It all sounds good on paper! Moses had a minor cold on Sunday and Monday. I felt a little throat scratch Sunday and thought I better go ahead and get something for it. I got some antibiotics for a throat infection and thought I'd be fine. By that night I was 100 times worse. I went back the next morning and got a higher dose. By this time Moses is fine and I'm thinking it can only get better. I WAS SO WRONG! Brett got it too. I was starting to wonder if we should go to the beach at all. We talked to my parents and decided to go. They could help with the boys and we were surely going to get better.

WRONG AGAIN! We both go worse. By this time it had spread to our eyes, ears, and noses (TMI warning...It is the nastiest thickest green snot EVER) and it never lets up. I went to the doctor in EI because I was pretty sure my ear drum had a tear or had ruptured. He gives me new antibiotics, prednisone, and a nasal spray. Since I can't take a decongestant while nursing all that fluid as built up all over my sinuses. YUCK
Then the worst thing happened. Sutton got it too! I don't think he has as bad off as his poor parents, but he feels yucky. The three of us did a lot of sleeping and lying around being pitiful. Let me tell you nothing is as sad a croupy 7 week old coughing spell.

As for Moses, he got a lot of grandparent time. Lots of boat rides, a trip to the beach to make castles and play in the waves, playing in the baby pool on the deck, and helping Gaga and Papa in the yard. Oh, and we taught him to pee of the deck. So, future wife of Moses, I'm really sorry. Blame his desperate potty training mommy if he is still doing this at 35. I will try my best to make him stop before then.

Needless to say I am pastey white and look like death and ready for a beach do over! Not the way I wanted to spend a long weekend. I am very lucky that parents are so great and took really good care of all of us. As of right now Brett and I are still trying to get better and I am going to take Sutton to the doctor tomorrow just to make sure he's ok too. Luckily kids are resilient. I just wish I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment