
Ahoy Mateys! I threatened to make Brett walk the plank unless he took some time off. So, he listened and off to Emerald Isle we went. Even my dad took a few days off and my mom left early on a Friday (I am writing this down because this NEVER EVER happens. Well unless dad is fishing.) We took a little day trip to Beaufort to check out the Maritime Exhibit of Pirates. We first stopped and did the fastest tour ever of the aquarium. Seriously, it was fun but I think Moses spent more time looking in then gift shop than at the fish. We also, made time for our favorite lunch spot, the NY Deli in Atlantic Beach. If you have never been there GO. I have been going since I was little. Jerry, who owns the place, is great and so is the food.

We finally made it to Beaufort to see the pirate booty. What good would a pirate be without his hat? Just before I took this photo I asked Pirate Moses if he would like some ice cream. He tole me that THAT pirate was not eating ice cream. See for yourself.

I had been told that the this exhibit was good but not really geared for kids. So correct. Moses liked it, but like the aquarium, it was a quick trip. Pretending to steer a ship is really all he wanted to do. We did some walking around and got our ice cream. I LOVE Beaufort and one day I will be able to walk around and do what I want there! Oh, the best part of the trip was when we were walking to the car and Moses's pants fell down. He thought this was the funniest thing that had ever happened and stood there laughing. He spent the rest of the day trying to make his pants fall down. I SO wish I had a picture of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment