Sunday, October 9, 2011

Family Football!

 There was a time not too long ago when football was our life.  Brett and I NEVER missed a game.  We tailgated for hours before and hung out afterwards.  We lived for these games.  Then we had Moses, and Brett never missed a game!  Now with two kids, and a team that's not having a great season, we have begun to revisit our priorities.  We still bought our season tickets, but we have sold a lot of them.  We did promise Moses that he would get to go to a game.  At first Brett was going to take him and sell the other ticket to a friend.  When that didn't work out, we decided to get brave and take the entire family.  Yep, we're crazy!
 It was honestly not bad at all!  Moses was very interested in what was going on during the first half.  he loved the band and the "fire in the sky" (fireworks) when the team ran on.  It was all very exciting.  We also picked a perfect game.  It was warm, and since we were playing a team that was not well known, the stands were not as packed or as rowdy.
 We were also able to see the new American Idol, Scotty.  I really don't watch American Idol, but I do think this kid is pretty sweet and it's very cool he lives about 10 minutes from our house.  Let me tell you the Scotty patrol was fierce!  I only had my small lens on so I could not zoom in.  He is on the field with the white shirt and red hat.  All the orange to the right?  That was the press that followed him around all day.  Had to be close to twenty people.  If you lost sight of him all you had to do was look for the orange vests or the girls screaming for him.  It was insane.
This is what Sutton did for most of the first half.  He would like to thank his Auntie Lindsey for his sun hat.  It was very useful!  He did not wake up until it got quiet during half time!  Moses watched the game some and spent a lot of time socializing with the people who sit around us, especially a group of preteen girls a few rows back.  SUCH a flirt!  He also convinced a little boy to play cars with him on the bleachers.  Sutton and I did some walking after half time and by the end of third quarter we decided to leave.  I was really happy they did so well.  A Wolfpack win and worn out kids makes for a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting here for the first time.Nice Blog :)
    SEO Company Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella, I am glad you guys finally got to enjoy a game as a family. It will get easier as the boys get older. Tim and I love taking the girls now because they enjoy going. It does get kind of tiring for them towards the end of the game, but I just walk around with them. I can actually spot myself and Julianne in the picture of Scotty. ha! I hope you and your family are doing well. Sutton is so adorable and looks just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed this post! I love Sutton in his little hat! And I'm so happy you all get to take the boys to the games- what a great tradition! (Even though I'm sad they will grow up supporting a RED team!)- Auntie Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete