Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Eight Months Old!

My nudie cutie is eight months old!  SO much has been going on in the last month and as per usual I'm about a week late writing this!  This guy is still my peanut!  He is weighing in at 17lbs.  They did not take his height the last sick appointment we had, so I am not sure about that.  He is very sturdy though.  Check out those thigh muscles!  My little bug is all over the place as far as clothes.  Some 3-6 months, some six months, and some 9 months!  He is still wearing size two diapers.

Sutton is crawling like a mad man on all fours.  If you really want to see him move, just open the back door and he will make really good time trying to get out!  He is also much sturdier standing when he has pulled up.  He lets go with one had and some times with two.  He is not afraid to try to pull up on anything!  We've moved the coffee table out of the den, but he still gets a really good bump or two every day.

Sutton has also started babbling.  Lots of dadas, babas, bubas, and a mama thrown in too.  I swear he is saying his name sometimes.  My favorite thing he is doing now is "dancing" when he hears any music. He sits and bops along and holds out his hands.  I think he is trying to clap too.

As far as food goes, he is getting four bottles a day (sometimes five).  An eight ounce in the morning and six ounces for the others.  We have also started real solids.  I so hate baby food so we are weaning off as soon as possible!  So far he has tried green beans, carrots, cheerios, and toast.  The only one he did not care for was the toast.  It has helped that the bottom teeth are completely in and the top ones have broken through and are hopefully almost done coming down.

My sweet boy also had another ear infection last Friday.  Two days before his tube surgery!  Luckily they still go ahead with the surgery, even if there is an infection.  So, bright and early Monday morning, we took Sutton to a surgical center and checked in.  Sutton was happy in the waiting room and content for the most part in preop.  He started to get fussy as time went on, so I held him tight and he fell asleep.  Dr. Boice came in and spoke to us softly so Sutton wouldn't wake up.  Then he asked if he could pray with us before they took him back.  I nearly boohooed right there!  I was grateful he was our surgeon!  We prayed and he gently took Sutton in his arms (still asleep) and walked him back to surgery.  We returned to the waiting room and in five minutes they called us back to recovery.  He was fussing when we got back there, but within a few minutes calmed down and drank his bottle.  Apparently, he never woke from his nap until post surgery!  We brought him home and he was fine!  If you are ever in need of an ENT I really recommend Raleigh ENT.  Everyone but Moses in our family has been a patient there!

Sutton bug we are gearing up for your first Christmas.  You are very interested in all the decorations and excitement.  You pretty much slept through Thanksgiving, but I have a feeling you will be much more involved for this holiday.  I can't wait!

1 comment: