Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

 What a special time of year!  Moses and Sutton were both very excited that Christmas had arrived.  Moses and Gaga spent the afternoon of Christmas Eve doing a few crafts, and enjoying each other.
 We had a big Christmas dinner with turkey and all the fixings and just took our time and enjoyed being together.  This little one was fast asleep before it was time to eat the big dinner, but woke up again because he just knew he was missing out on all the fun.
 We took that opportunity to take some Christmas photos by the tree with all the presents.

 Before he went to bed, Moses made Christmas cookies with mommy and Gaga.  Since it was Cookie's last night with us until next year, he was allowed to give him a hug.  He was SO excited about that.

 Here are Moses' Santa gifts and his stocking.
 And Sutton's...

Since the excitement level was at a all time high, I was pretty sure that sleeping would be a struggle.  I was right!  Moses woke up at 1:00am and Brett went and slept with him so that Christmas wouldn't be a cranky day.  I could barely sleep all night because I was sure that the kids were going to wake up any minute.  In fact, Sutton woke up around 4am and I gave him a bottle and put him back down.  Of course, there was no way I was going back to sleep, so I got a shower and got ready for the day.  Still, no kids!  By 6:45am, I went to the kitchen and started getting things ready for breakfast.  My parents were already up as well getting ready for the boys.  We didn't have to wait long!  Moses was up a little after 7am, which was perfect!  He was so excited about what Santa had brought!


 But to be honest, Sutton was the most excited!  He was squealing and going to all the toys and playing with them.  I was so happy that he was just eager as his brother.




 After Santa gifts, I cooked a big breakfast and the boys played with their new toys for awhile.  It was hard to tear them away.  By the time we finished eating, one little boy was very ready to tear into the big pile of presents that was still under the tree.
Two family members are now the proud owners of ipads!  Notice who is helping them tear into them?  I have a feeling there might be an app or two for him on these.

 We were all very spoiled with nice gifts this year, but of course my mom had great gag gifts.  Brett joked with her that he wanted a "Forever Lazy" for Christmas.  She went to get him one but they didn't have any in his size...so she got him a generic one.  He thinks it's great to have a knock off of an infomercial product!
As you can see, Moses doesn't need a.single.thing.ever.  We all had a great Christmas.  Especially our boys.  Moses spent a lot of December learning about the true meaning of Christmas.  I am so proud that he is learning about his Savior and that he continues a quest of knowledge about the power and love of Jesus.  God bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment