Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weekend Fun

 These boys have been keeping me CRAZY busy lately.  I am worn out constantly.  That sweet little face is one of three growing "boys" eating me out of house and home!  More on that later!



Last weekend we went to stay with my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday!  On Saturday, daddy and papa were doing some boat cleaning, mom and I took the boys to the aquarium.  Moses loves it there and I was curious to see how Sutton would react now that he was old enough to understand his surroundings.  He was very interested!  The first few times we saw a tank he would peer in and smile.  Then he reached his hand out expecting to grab a fish and was a little frustrated when he hit glass!  He especially liked the otters and was delighted to see them swim by.  Moses was so busy the entire time and was hard to keep up with.  While we were there Gaga bought us a two year membership to the zoological society!  It is really a bargain and lets us visit any NC aquarium and our zoo FREE.  I'm seeing many more visits in our future!


 Sutton also enjoyed his first boat ride while we were there.  Moses begs to go on the boat every day when we are at my parent's house.  (Note, any time of the year!)  The weather was overcast, but no rain  was in site so we headed out.  Sutton was ok, not too thrilled with this life jacket but tolerated it really well!

 The most exciting thing for Moses during this trip was getting pulled by the Coast Guard!  It's a regular thing for them to be out checking boats, kind of like a license check point on the road.  However, dad hadn't been stopped in years so we hadn't had the opportunity for Moses to meet the police on the water!  All of the guys were SO nice to Moses.  I wanted to take a picture but when they are inspecting your boat and checking credentials you don't want to bother!  Papa checked out perfectly and we were on our way back.  Sutton fell asleep just like Moses often does and ended up sleeping another hour snuggled up to Gaga on the couch.  I don't think she was upset!
Back to my growing boys...the amount and variety of food they are eating these days is CRAZY!  I cooked pretty much all weekend but of course the men had to use the outdoor kitchen to prepare some seafood.  There were steamed clams and crabs and Moses devoured them.  He tried a clam last year and didn't like it, but this year he LOVES them.  I am so glad that he is so willing to try new things!  Love these boys of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment