Monday, July 23, 2012

This Past Week

 Sutton had his 15 month well check.  He scored average in every single category but head size where is a whopping 75%.  Possibly all those curls?  The doctor says he looks great.  His tubes are still in nd functioning which is really good because some begin to fall out at this point.  Moses tagged along to this check up and it was A HUGE, HUGE MISTAKE.  I thought our next set of vaccinations were at 18 months.  Wrong.  He needed to shots and a finger prick blood draw.  Sutton was mad Moses was upset and made it clear that only babies need shots and he was a big boy.  The truth I had to tell him was that yes even big boys get shots.  I chose not to tell him, not only did he have to get them, but it was going to be soon!
 When we are not at the beach, we have been taking advantage of our neighborhood pool.  It has been great, if you can't tell by their tan lines.  I have started referring to Moses as "Chief White Tail."  Moses had had private swim lessons and in the last seven weeks went from not wanting to get his hair went to jumping in to look for dive sticks and learning the back stroke.  He's got a great stroke and can really move.  Looks like there might be a new 4 year old on the swim team next year.  Sutton likes the water, but right now he'd rather run around which is not good with a lot of concrete with wet spots.  I do my best to try to get him to stay in but sometimes it's a huge fail.
Sunday, Moses went to his Nana's house to spend a few days.  It was so weird to just have one boy in the back seat.  As you can tell, Sutton doesn't feel the same way.  In the last 24 hours he has made more noise and mess than he normally does in a week.  Game on I guess!  He will be all the child I can handle till Moses gets back and can keep him in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment