Friday, August 10, 2012

Life Lately

 Summer is winding down and I'm starting to eagerly anticipate the beginning of school!  To give us a little break, Moses went to visit his Nana for a few days leaving us with just Sutton.  You can tell by the picture that he was really broken up about Moses leaving.  I thought with my wild child gone it would be a lot easier to get things done.  Wrong, wrong, so very wrong.  Sutton accepted the challenge of only child with reckless abandon.  Apparently, Moses kept Sutton out of trouble because he got into more mischief than any three toddlers.  I was really glad to get my big boy back!

 Last weekend, we ventured out to the Natural Sciences Museum.  I had no idea it was free!  On top of that it was awesome.  It wasn't overly crowded but we were working at a pretty fast pace to keep the kids interest level.  I really would like to go back during the week and just take Moses so we can really explore.

 After verging on meltdown, we made a quick exit.  The history museum is across the street and I begged Brett to just walk in since it was free as well.  There were only about five people in there and it was equally as cool.  They currently have an exhibit celebrating 75 years of Miss North Carolina that was really neat.  I loved seeing dresses from the different years as well as different crowns.
 Upstairs was the NC Sports hall of fame which made Brett really glad we stopped. (See above photo!) By this time the boys were done and so were we.  I really can't wait to take them back though!
 Other than that we've been pretty boring.  It feels like it has either been raining or unbearably muggy.  Outside is just not as doable when the ground is wet and the air is thick.  I'm starting to run out of indoor activities!
 The other day, we bought Moses and Sutton a Noah's Ark Little People set.  I turned around after breakfast and Noah was making a break for it in the Little People airplane.  Moses keeps referring to Noah as Jesus or God even though we have read the Ark story many times.
The irony?  That night we had one of our usual crazy storms.  I looked out side and the light was glowing yellow.  I stepped on the porch and saw the most vivid rainbow.  Seriously this photo does not do it justice.

We've got a busy rest of August coming up.  One week from today Moses will be FOUR.  Holy COW!   He has his big birthday party planned for the following day.  I am really hoping for no rain because we are hosting the very first Moses Birthday Olympics.  I am so excited for this party!  Moses is just as jacked up too.  He really gets the birthday, cake, gifts, party concept now and talks about it all the time.  He keeps asking who has the next birthday and now we can tell him in a few short days it will be him!

No comments:

Post a Comment