Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Days of School!

The day we had been waiting for has arrived!  School is back!  The crayons are unbroken, the markers are fresh, and all is right with the world.  This year, Moses is once again going five days a week and Sutton is now going three.  Due to the holiday weekend, they started on different days.  First a little comparison photos.




 Can you handle the cuteness?  I cannot!  Moses was an old pro.  I am in LOVE with his teacher and the structure she brings to the classroom.  It's just what he needs to get ready for Kindergarten.  It makes me feel very confident that we have made the right decision in delaying "big" school for a year.


 Moses had a great first day.  Sutton and I missed him, but they got along SO much better when he got home.  I love how excited they are to see each other after only a few hours apart.


I don't have as many photos of Sutton's first day because he would not crack even the smallest smile.  He sat and posed, but kept his too cool for school expression.  He did great at drop off as well.  His teacher told me he engaged well and verbalized with her all day.  I picked up Moses first, and he went in to get Sutton.  They hugged for a long time and all the moms and teachers were ooohing and ahhing about how precious they were.  Then Moses broke off and announced, "Ok, that's enough."

It was so sweet to watch the boys walk hand in had into preschool together.  Their classrooms are next door to each other so they are close by all day long but just far enough away to miss each other.  I think it will be a great year!

2 comments: