At first, I really wanted to fly to Orlando for our trip. After looking at the cost of flights, that dream was dead in the water. So, we moved on to plan b, driving. The thought of it gave me nightmares. I spent a lot of time collecting items for the boys for our trip. Crafts, portable dvd players, special ear phones, toys, books, stickers, and snacks. Ready or not, here we go.
After a Bojangles breakfast of champions, we left for Disney before dawn. We were pumped! Those DVD players came out before we even left the neighborhood. The head phones came with stickers to decorate them with (special kiddie low sound head phones). That gave me the idea to let them put other stickers on the players. Best.activity.ever. Sutton actually took a quick morning catnap!Honestly, the trip was a breeze. It was tight quarters in the way back where mom and I were, but it was doable. We had extra storage up top, but my double stroller took up a lot of space. Stopping to actually sit down and eat lunch was a great idea. No wonder Cracker Barrel is always bumping.
I was SO proud of these two. They never once asked when we would get there or complained. No emergency potty breaks or meltdowns. We made it to Orlando around 5pm, plenty of time to eat and get to bed so we could get to Mickey in the morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment