Monday, January 12, 2009

Moses' Dedication!


Sunday was a very special for our family. Moses was dedicated at Hayes Barton! I have watched so many baby dedications over the past few years and it was one of the first things I thought of when the shock of being pregnant wore off.


I was very nervous that Moses would have some freak crying spell which would be totally out of character for him or worse have an "accident" while we were up there...not so out of character! Of course everything was fine. He did get a little squirmy as I was handing him over but he listened very intently to what Dr. Hailey had to say.


After church we had a reception for him in the youth room at the church with all our friends and family. It was so nice for everyone to spend time with Moses and each other. It was the best way I knew how to thank those who have been a special part of our lives. Katherine Teague, Elizabeth Hamilton, Melissa Barker and Bill and Kathy Teague were my angels who helped mom and I with the food and decorations. I honestly do not know what I would have done without them. They made my life SO easy that day. I also did not know Bill had such superior decorating skills! I love you all and thank you for helping us not only the day of the dedication but whenever I seem to need you. I will close with the verse we chose for Moses:


For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you maybe filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in the manner of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. - Colossians 1:9-10

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! What a beautiful family. I'm so sorry we weren't able to make it. We love you, Little Moses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet verse for a sweet baby!

    Happy Dedication Day Moses!

    ReplyDelete