Last Friday we started a playgroup. We have about ten mommies with babies ranging from 5 weeks to 8 months. It has been SO AWESOME. I love all of the girls and it is so fun to have lunch and sit on a quilt and watch the babies play. We can swap lots of war stories and get advice from each other. Moses is already playing and interacting with the other babies. All of us really enjoy it.
I'd also like to update everyone on the sleep issues that I mentioned several weeks ago. Things are so much better. Moses has been sleeping through the night nearly every night. Morning naps are going well, but we struggle in the afternoon. Brett has started getting up earlier to spend some time with Moses in the morning. This is helpful especially if I have had to get up in the middle of the night. I also think it is great for the two of them. Since I am at home all day with him, I realize how little awake time during the week Brett actually gets with Moses. The mornings are his happiest times so it is very special for them to have that time.
Another update is with solids. Moses HATES the rice cereal so we have moved on the applesauce and soon other fruits and veggies. He liked those much better, but is still not too thrilled with it. It is so strange because he is also so into what we are eating. He even grabbed a handful of Brett's ice cream at church on Wednesday.
Sorry about the long post! I will try to do it more often. We have some adventures awaiting us this week. (New cooking equipment and visitors!) Love from all of us!
Congrats on eating solids. Tanner never cared for that 'ole bland rice cereal either. He's getting so big. You're right-- crawling isn't far away!
ReplyDeleteHe's growing up so fast!!
ReplyDeleteHey Stella! I'll start with, Yes, I'm an admitted blog stalker....I've been reading your blog here and there since I saw it on your Facebook page! Feel free to blogstalk me anytime (www.chrisandcrystaldixon.blogspot.com).
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know that Weston never took to the rice cereal either....however, he loved the Baby Oatmeal. His favorite was the "beachnut" brand (apples and bananas). If I remember correctly, they have a stage 1 and 2, so give it a try sometime. I could never find the Beachnut at Target (where we got most stuff)...but found it at the grocery store.
Ok---take care--good luck with the eating---pretty soon he'll be eating like a champ!