Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter Wonderland!

Moses had his first snow! No way will he remember it and no way did he know what was going on but it was exciting for us. Luckily, with couponing and buying deals we were well stocked on food. Everyone gives Southerners a hard time for going a little nuts when they predict snow, but I want to remind those Yankees that we do not have the equipment to handle that kind of weather. We bounce back quicker from hurricanes! Anyways, I learned my lesson in college. Freshman year we were stranded on campus in 20 inches of snow for a week and then senior year we didn't have power for a week due to an ice storm. I SO learned my lesson about getting all the laundry done and having some extra supplies just in case.
Anyways, my parents and I have always had a family rule that if you see snow in the middle of the night you wake up the rest of the family so Brett and I are starting that tradition too. At 4:30am Brett woke me up and told me to come with him. He turned on the back yard lights and there it was! Big flakes were starting to fall! I went back to sleep only to be awoken by Moses at 6am. We put him in the bed with us and kept warm for another hour or so. To my surprise it kept snowing. We ventured outside around 10:30am. I really didn't think we were going to use that snow suit my parents gave him for Christmas! We walked around with him and took some pictures. He kept looking at us like, why are we outside in the cold? It must have been very exhausting for him because he slept from around 11am till 1:30pm! He hasn't done that since he was a few weeks old!
Brett and I used that time to make some pasta to warm us up. I walked outside some more just enjoying the snow. I love how quiet it gets. It's almost like the snow is muffling all the noise of the world and everything is clean and new. I think it finally quit snowing around 2pm and total we have over 7 inches. The most we have had in about five years. This has given us a four day weekend together...maybe five if it has not cleared up tomorrow. The only thing is that with all the new technology Brett can work from home which means he doesn't have the day off. Sometimes technology is not so great! Still wonderful to have him home! Hope everyone enjoyed the snow!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were going to say that you went in there at 4:30 to wake Moses up! Haha... you are smarter than that though. I love how quiet it gets too! Snow is so beautiful. So glad you guys are enjoying some family time! Moses looks adorable in his snow suit!

    ReplyDelete