Thursday, March 5, 2009

A day in the life!


I have noticed a lot of people have been asking me about a "typical" day with Moses. What we do when we do it etc so I thought I would fill everyone in! WARNING! If you do not have kids or are not a family member you will find this post particularly boring!

6:30am - 7:30am - Moses is usually up early no matter when he goes to bed. Brett will usually go get him and bring him to our bed. Where I will nurse him.

7:30am - 8:00am - We let him crawl and play in the bed or snuggle. Whichever he is in the mood for. This also gives us a chance to wake up a little. Brett is usually getting ready and leaves for work around 8am.

8:00am - 8:30am - I get a shower and Moses has independent play time. I try to make up the bed and straighten up and do some laundry while he is content in his pack and play. He can usually last about 45 minutes so I have to hurry!

8:30am - 9am - Breakfast! Moses and I both eat our breakfast and have a little high chair play.

9am - 9:45am - Floor play and "jump jump" play time. I pull out toys while he finds cords, shoes, phones, remotes, etc to play with.

9:45am - 10am Diaper change and a little bit of milk before nap.

10am - 11:30am Nap if I am very lucky it will last the entire time. If things are really really good, we go till 12pm.

12pm - 1pm Lunch! On Fridays we go to play group so that varies. Usually If I meet up with anyone it is during this time.

1pm - 2:30pm More floor play time. I try to do some books during this time as well. This is usually the time we are at play group too. We have a big quilt and all the babies have toys to play with.

2:30 - 2:45pm - Diaper change and more milk before nap.

2:45pm - 4:30pm - Nap! Well we try. Afternoon nap for some reason is the hardest! Some times he is up at 3:30pm.

4:30 - 5:30pm - Mommy play time. Some times I think toys are too much! This is when I work with him on his own talking and helping him stand. Just working on the new "milestones." We dance and sing and spin. Sometimes Brett gets home early and joins us.

5:30pm - 6:30pm - Daddy's home! We play with daddy and Moses has his dinner.

6:30pm - 7:00pm - Bath time and winding down time. Also, one last feeding before bed.

7:00pm - 7:30pm - Bed time! Sometimes we put him down and he is already asleep while other times he goes down pretty awake. He'll babble and then fuss a little but then go to sleep.

Never, ever, ever, has a day gone exactly like that. Well maybe once or twice! But it is what we strive for. Naps are usually a struggle and never as long as I would like. Weekends are always different of course. I think building the base for a good schedule but still living our lives has made Moses a very easy going baby. For instance, if for some reason I am running errands and nap time arrives he usually is asleep in the car or stroller. (Note, when we are out he is a very sound sleeper. You would not believe what he slept through at Target yesterday. BUT when we are at home, don't breathe too hard because he might wake up!) If for some reason he does miss a nap, for example church on Sunday, it doesn't change his happy disposition. What can I say? We are blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Stella, I really enjoyed reading your "typical day" post. Lucy is almost 6 months and our days are VERY similiar. Im glad to see that his nap is around 10am, Im always worried Im putting her down a little early (9-9:30ish). We are on the same page with the afternoon nap....much more difficult. I dont hesitate to take her anywhere because I know her nap will go way longer on the go. Moses is just precious. I know you are wonderful mommy. Thanks for sharing. xo Gin Gin

    ReplyDelete