Thursday, July 23, 2009

An end in sight...

I've all most made it a year. And I'm not talking about surviving being a first time mom. I'm talking out making it a full YEAR as a nursing mother. I didn't plan on it and to be perfectly honest I have tried to give Moses formula a few times but let me just tell you he can spot a fake from a mile away. No sir, not for him. God has given me signs that has been the right thing for us. Every time over the last few months that he has rejected formula, days later he would get the "sniffles." I know they would have been much worse had he not been a breastfed baby. So, about June I could see an end in sight. I thought, just a few months longer I can do this. It has been a big blessing and a huge challenge all at the same time. But, I'm super glad I will be able to have a little more freedom in the next few weeks! Enjoy what Suzanne thinks of nursing mothers. P.S. I have never nursed in public, and don't think I could.

3 comments:

  1. oh my word that clip was hilarious!! :) I did nurse in public, but I used a nursing cover. Good for you nursing a whole year! It takes some sacrifices (like that freedom you're looking forward to!) but there are SOOOO many more benefits. Will nursed for 10 months and Adeline 13...I know we have escaped many illnesses thanks to the powers of breastmilk!

    Anyways - just had to comment on that video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella, I am so proud of you for making it to the one year! My heart's desire was to do it for the full year, but God had a different plan. I was able to get to 9 months, but after nursing and getting through my first trimester, things were just too crazy! I am looking forward to nursing again come October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of both of you Meredith Mommies!! Moses actually took a little formula when I wasn't here today. I did have some milk for him but we tried it and it worked! I'm just glad to know I do have some flexibility now!

    ReplyDelete