We have been SO lucky with Moses not getting sick or hurt. The biggest problems we've had his a croupy sounding cough and a few colds. I've heard of of the stories of sitting in ERs and late night urgent cares and been really thankful it wasn't us!
Of course that has to come to an end! Last night we were winding down and Moses was playing. He tripped (which happens once every five minutes because he runs everywhere) and braced himself with his arms. Well, he started crying. This NEVER HAPPENS. I knew it really hurt when he kept crying. We finally calmed him down and try to let him get back to the business of playing. He would use his arms and cry. After a call to our local urgent care, we decided to carry him in just in case. We are really lucky to have an awesome urgent care in Fuquay. I have been several times and never had to wait longer that thirty minutes. The last time I was there, I saw that some one was in to get an x-ray. I knew that we would not be sent to the hospital if they felt they needed to do other tests.
We get there and their are only two other people waiting. By now, Moses is acting a lot better but still a little gimpy. We get to the little room (only a twenty minute wait!) and our "hurt" little boy begins pushing the stool around the room. The PA comes back and we feel really stupid. He was so nice and said he didn't blame us at all. He looked at his arms (we never could figure out which one bothered him, I personally swear he switched them up) and told us he did not think we needed to do an x-ray. He told us to keep an eye on him this week and that he probably did something muscular and it would be sore for the next day or two. Thank goodness!
So far he has been fine. We have given him some tylenol to help (he was getting some for teething anyways) and he has been much better. He has even been napping great! I have a feeling, knowing this little boy, we will be rushing back there for something another time.
So glad Moses is OK! Boys will be boys- Rambunctious and Fearless. Gotta love 'em!
ReplyDelete