Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mommy's Night Away!

Let's face it. I was long overdue for a break! Saturday morning I packed a bag and headed off to Charlotte for the night. Joelle has been back in NC for a while now and after having Moses I just have not been able to get to see her. We met up at Concord Mills and did some quick shopping. Then we headed off to see Renee and I got to meet baby Asher! I was so excited to finally squeeze those cheeks! Renee is doing so great and she and her family have such a cute house.

I must confess, I always claim not to be a great fan of Charlotte. Mainly because I do not have any clue of where things are. I think this weekend has started to change all that for me. Joelle lives in the perfect little spot near Freedom Park. We walked her dog Raleigh and hung out before having a delicious dinner at Cantina. Since we were so stuffed we decided to just sprawl out and watch a little TV before calling it a night. It was sooo good to catch up with her. Phone calls are never enough!

Moses stayed home with his daddy. They had some good father son bonding time with football and a visit to the park. From the hugs I got when I got home I am guessing they were glad to see me. I know I missed them. Who wouldn't miss that face!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are taking a liking to Charlotte... we can be your getaway or your family vacation :)

    It was great to see you. Seeing friends always makes me miss them so much more. Give Moses a big kiss from us and a hug from Asher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got your break! I love Moses' "sgetti" face!

    ReplyDelete