What did you do before you had Moses?
Well, I have my real estate license but I was working full time as a case manager at an insurance brokerage firm. Basically I was the communication point between brokers and the big companies they were selling the polices for. I loved the people I worked with and I miss them tons. Sheila, if you are reading this I know I need to visit!
Do you want more kids?
Yes, absolutely. You guys will be the first to know...ha!
What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Wow, good one. Whenever writing anything, pretend it will be printed int he NY Times. Hands down the best advice. I have a lot of notes and old letters from my grandparents. Nothing scathing at all. But how easy is it to fire off an email, text, or Facebook status message these days? Once you do it.is.there.forever! People can virtually see or keep it long after. I personally am very fond of the draft feature or just open up a "blank sheet" on my computer and write something to myself. I think this has saved me a lot of grief!
What is your parenting style?
Umm, whatever works? No, I try to fix problems as soon as they come up. If it is going to be no every time, it has be no right now. If you let kids get away with something once they will think they can do it every time. I use time outs, distractions, and we talk about expectations. I require an "ok, mom" after I give directions. So, far it's working for us. If you see me in public and I'm losing my mind you know it's not!
What kind of camera do you use?
A Nikon D40. I want to upgrade and take some classes in the near future.
Do you still coupon?
YES! I have figured out style of couponing that works for me. I am still saving a solid 30%.
How are your New Years Resolutions going?
Oh geez, I am so busted. I have been most successful at Bible study. It is on a "school" schedule and I will start back in the fall every Wednesday. It has been the biggest blessing for me. I want get into the weight loss...blaaaah!
This was fun! Please send more!! You can leave a comment or send them via email starrose@hotmail.com!
Stella- I LOVE THIS! I want to offer to answer questions, but I don't think anyone would ask me any!
ReplyDeleteThat is the best advice I ever received as well. I think about it DAILY.
Are you still involved with MC Young Alum board? I miss that group so much and wish I could still be a part of it!