Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Confessions of a Black Friday Shopper

I come from a family that LOVES a good deal. Brett calls us cheap, but since we've had Moses he is not complaining! I took him with us to Walmart one year when we first started dating and he'd swore he'd never go back. Actually none of us do Walmart on that day anymore! (Truth be told I don't think I ever want to go back there period but that is another story.) However, we did need TVs that year and we stocked up.

I think last year was the best. With the economy being what it is, mom and I discovered that a lot of places were open on Thanksgiving day. My favorite was Old Navy. We racked up! They had adult jeans for $15 and lots of other great deals for clothes. Next door we also discovered Michaels was open. I wandered in and found Moses a great wooden easel for mom and dad to get him for Christmas. They also had great Christmas items on sale. I ended up buying fish bowl flower vases that I use all the time as well as Christmas balls that I love.

We did do the Kohls thing very early on Thursday morning. I can't remember what I bought but I do remember how extremely friendly and fast the staff was. I was impressed with how organized they were. Not sure if we'll go back there this year but if you see something on there list you really want, I feel that they are a well prepared place (Note, we go to the Kohls in Fuquay that is probably a lot less crowded than one in a more populated area.)

I've been looking at this website for the previews of the sales. I like it because it lists the items as well as showing you a scan of the ad page. I'm such a visual person so I love seeing the actual ad. It updates every day with new places. I'm getting excited about shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment