Tuesday, January 11, 2011

27 Weeks, Anniversary Contractions, and Cabin Fever

Hello third trimester!! We're in the home stretch! I've been mentioning to Brett that Sutton will be here before we know it. We have less than three months. He replies we have plenty of time. Then this weekend while watching college basketball, they mention that selection Sunday is less than 90 days away. He totally freaks out realizes that Sutton will be here right after. Seriously? I should have known to put it in sports terms for him! I think it's funny because with Moses we watched a lot of the Olympics in the hospital and apparently we'll be watching some basketball this time!

I can feel the weight gain this week! My nonmaternity stretch pants are filling out. And according to by belly button my little turkey is done! Moses thinks that it is super weird. He'll ask to see Baby Sutton and either pat my belly or push my belly button and run away laughing. That does wonders for my self esteem!

Everything else is pretty much the same. I'm still having the same cravings and tiredness and even if I have trouble getting comfortable sometimes I am sleeping pretty well and only having to get up once for a bathroom trip.


We ended up having a small one night getaway for our anniversary. We had dinner at PF Changs and stayed at the Renaissance at North Hills. Both were great choices! I usually love a good steak or somewhere downtown to eat, but when I can't eat soft cheese and have to get my steaks cooked nearly well done that limits my choices with those places! But dinner was great and we really enjoyed our hotel. How cool is this bathroom mirror. That is a TV INSIDE the mirror. We both thought that was amazing.

We watched the movie Unstoppable and went to bed. I had a bit of a hard time falling asleep not being at home. I awoke at 3:30am with a strange pain that would come and go. They started to feel like contractions and they would come and go every 10 mins. I started to get a little scared and didn't know what to do, so we decided to call my doctor's office. I really like all the doctors at the practice, but when I'm confused or a little freaked out there are about two or three I want to talk to and don't make me feel bad for asking silly questions. Of course, one I really would not have liked to talk to called me back. He gave me some suggestions of things to try and told me to call back and head to Rex Hospital if nothing changed. Luckily, some water, tylenol and deep breathing worked and I went back to bed. So much for a relaxing night!

That's pretty much it. We've had another blast of bad weather. Not much snow here but lots of ice. We had to drive from my parents house Monday morning. They had a ton of snow and I was a little scared until things cleared up once we got on I40. This means we're stuck here at home unable to go to school, run errands and generally get our wiggles out. Even getting the mail looks a little scary. With my grace I'd probably cartoon fall in the middle of the driveway. I don't want to spend my last few weeks on bed rest or with a broken leg or arm!


No comments:

Post a Comment