Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Berry Good Time

It's strawberry season! I love nothing more than fresh produce. I really miss the huge garden my grandmother kept when I was younger. For as long as I can remember I have been picking strawberries when the "u-pick" signs go up. In fact when I was Moses' age my picture was taken while I was picking strawberries and put in the local paper.

I knew this was a tradition I wanted to carry on with my family so before Papa and Gaga went home on Easter, we went to pick some yummy strawberries. Moses is an old pro now. He just needs a little help finding the really red ones. He didn't even try to eat one till we were all done. Sutton also helped a little as you can see. We did not want him to feel left out.

The place we went also sells homemade ice cream and lemonades, so we treated ourselves afterwards to something else sweet. I'm sure Moses loved that ice cream but not nearly as much as I loved my lemonade. It was the best! We even picked up so fresh herbs to grow. Yes I am feeling ambitious! I really hope we make it back one more time this year. I know I need one more lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment