Monday, May 16, 2011

How It's Going - Six Weeks Postpartum

It's six weeks post pregnancy. Recovery has been a lot easier this time around. I've shed my maternity clothes, but I'm still not totally in ALL of my clothes but most fit just fine. According the "official" doctor's records I gained 24lbs and I have lost 20. Pregnancy or not, I'd like to lose another 10lbs and tone up the flab! I did manage a few stretch marks but I'm hoping they will fade. I've been using Mederma and if it doesn't work I'm going to be a little irked that I paid $40 for it!

Hormones have been INSANE! I'm going to blame a lot of it on lack of sleep, but holy hormones batman! I think I've only had one break down about something, but I'm walking a thin line here people. I take everything very personally, I even try to infer what people are thinking which is never good. I'm hoping this gets better pronto.

As I mentioned before, I'm not getting a ton of sleep. For the first 4 weeks or so I really tried to sleep as much as I could during the day because it really is the best thing you can do to heal, help with milk production, and maintain your patience. It's getting a lot harder to do that now. If I don't stay on top of the house work (the laundry crazy!) I get more stressed out and tend to want to lock out everyone who makes a mess! So, I'm now trying to skip afternoon naps. Sutton is sleeping better at night, but still not completely through. I'm ready for this!

My appetite is ravenous. I'm eating more than I was when I was pregnant. I am hungry all. the. time. I am craving the complete opposite things than I did when I was pregnant. I am one bipolar foodie! This pregnancy must have done some weird things to my taste buds.

I have a little more healing to do. You can still see one of my staples or stitches if you look closely but Dr. Placide said it will heal soon. That wonderful doctor even got rid of my old scar and made my new one much thinner. In case you are wondering, the scar is so low you can not see it when I wear a bathing suit. Personally, I consider it a badge of honor!

That's about it. Much better recovery this time around and I am super thankful for it!

1 comment: