Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sweet Sutton is One Month Old!


Our sweet baby boy is a month old. He is so precious to us and I can't imagine life without him. I have already learned so much about our baby boy. He is such a snuggler. Sutton loves to be laying on my chest. Usually if I put him there and he hears my heart beat, he will fall fast asleep. It's the best thing ever! Right now he is still sleeping a lot, but his wake time is increasing. I can tell he has gotten into a bit of a routine already. His naps are usually at the same times and he understands night times for now.

Sutton hates to have a dirty diaper and this kid ALWAYS has a dirty diaper! I know it's been 2 1/2 years since I've had a newborn, but I don't remember this many diapers. Brett and I can't get over it. We actually know he's ready to be fed when we hear him in the middle of the night pooping! (So gross, I know but it's the truth).

He has also started to smile some. It's the sweetest thing. He'll be looking around and focus on a face and give us a grin. Especially when he sees his big brother. He's beginning to notice lights and ceiling fans too. He is really great at holding his head up as well. He is super strong and curious! At his doctor's appointment we got his new stats, 11lbs 6.5 oz and 22 1/2 inches long.

Sutton's eyes are still a shade of blue/grey. His baby hair has fallen out a little but I can already tell where it is going to grow back in. Sutton is still a chubby baby. He won't be weighed until next week's appointment, but I can tell he has gained a lot of weight. He has the most delightful fat thighs and round belly. He has already outgrown a lot of newborn clothes and we are into the "up to three months" clothes.

Little Sutton, you are so precious to us. We have loved every minute of this first month!

(P.S. I wrote this last week but stinky blogger has been mean and not noticed my new photos so I am just now posting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment