I can't get over how my baby looks like a little boy. Maybe because he is! I took him for his three year well check today. The doctor told me he was was way ahead of most three year old in verbal skill as well as physical ability. Moses even showed him how he could snap his fingers which really surprised him. Moses is weighing in at 33.6lbs and I think he was around 42 inches tall (I did not receive a print out). He also got his flu mist vaccine and didn't even flinch. I was impressed!
You wake up at full throttle in the morning. You are on the go as soon as your feet hit the floor, usually around 7:30am. You yell, "come in!" and wait for someone to get you up. You immediately want to eat something, usually a Nutrigrain Eggo waffle and syrup. Sometimes you like to watch your Disney shows while you eat. You like Mickey Mouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Handy Manny, and Special Agent Oso.
You usually get a shower with daddy. You like to play with your cup and hate having your hair shampooed our brushed. You love being wrapped up in a towel with a hood on it. You will sit an talk to us and your brother while we finish getting everyone ready. You have been trying to wear the same color as one of us every day. You like to match. You can pretty much dress yourself which is such a help!
On Tuesdays and Thursdays you go to school. You love school SO much. You have learned so many things like: colors, shapes, counting to 10, your ABCs, sharing, coloring, and making friends. You have learned to sing: Jesus Loves Me, Praise Ye the Lord, Row Your Boat, Old McDonald, and many others. Your teachers this year were Mrs. Janice and Mrs. Mary and then this Summer you had Mrs. Erin and Ms. Dara. They all loved having you in their classes!
On Wednesday mornings we go to Bible Study. You have a great time there too. You play with your friends and learn verses. On Sundays when we are at church you love to go to Sunday School. It warms my heart when I think about how much you love church and learning about Jesus. I hope this will continue for the rest of your life.
On many Fridays we go to play group. You have been playing with these friends since you were four months old. They are just the greatest playmates and you all get along very well. We like going to the pool, parks, and each others houses.
When we are home, you love to "play toys." You especially love puzzles, cars, and anything you can pretend with. Your imagination is growing so much. You pretend you have rockets and you are exploring outer space. You also love to "help" me cook. I can't be in the kitchen without you near me. Maybe it is because you love to eat. Between breakfast and lunch you usually have two pieces of fruit. You take the apple a day advice very seriously. At lunch you like a sandwich, gold fish crackers, and more fruit. Usually, there is nothing left!
You also love to play outside. You have a scooter, tricycle, a power wheel motorcycle. You also love to play on the porch with blocks and your little car. You look for the golfers and the tractors that do the landscaping. We also play soccer and football in the back yard. You went for a time this summer where you really did not like birds, but you seem to have gotten over that.
Before you take your nap (usually around 2pm) you get to watch one TV show to wind down. You snuggle on the couch with me or play with cars on the floor. You still have your "Rocky" lovey you sleep with. You have been sleeping in a full sized bed for a long time now and do well with it. You sleep anywhere from and hour and a half to three hours. You wake up again shouting, "Come in Mommy!"
The afternoons are full of more playing and getting ready for dinner. This is usually our hectic time of day. You are just much more wound up after your nap! You get to pick a "pantry" snack after nap. Usually crackers or a cookie. You almost always go upstairs to visit daddy during this time to share your snack. You also look for daddy's secret stash of candy! We play some more in the afternoons. You have started to help more and more with your brother as well. You love him and he looks up to you so much already. I hope you will grow up to be the best of friends.
For dinner you eat what we eat. You are so great about this! When I ask you what you want for dinner you usually say "chicken and rice." I find this so strange! I think you think of most meat as chicken? The struggle we have at dinner is keeping you still. You are just so full of energy all the time. If we eat out you love to go to Chick-fil-a, "Choo Choo Pizza" (a train themed pizza place), Moes, or any place with a cheeseburger. You do have a sweet tooth. You have been known to sneak cookies and then ask us who ate them all. I also have to be careful if I have a soda and I sit it down. You will come right behind me and drink it.
After dinner you spend time with daddy. You love to play golf course and just got your own clubs. You and daddy also like to play any game with a ball. Sometimes you and I will dance in the living room. You love anything upbeat!
We snuggle before bed time and say our prayers. You have completely memorized the following prayer: The sun is gone, the moon has come, and that's a sign this day is done, please God send angels here to stay, until I wake, to a new day. We then bless our friends and family. You really do not like going to bed at night. You usually escape for an extra snuggle, but we try to have you in bed around 8:30pm.
I cannot wait to see how much you will grow in the next year. (Fingers crossed you will be potty trained! Ha!) You are such a sweet boy and make me laugh every day. You keep mommy and daddy on your toes and make your brother smile. You are such an important part of our family. I love you Mo-Mo!
No comments:
Post a Comment