Well, Erin and Erik got married! But really, don't they look like Ken and Barbie? Anyways, we spent Labor Day weekend celebrating their nuptials. They were married in Southport, NC which was a great place for a wedding. You could walk every where and the back drop was awesome! Friday we had the bridesmaids luncheon and the rehearsal dinner. There were some really great stories told. Renee and Joelle had a great speech/poem prepared which included Meredith College sweatshirts and a Chi flat iron as props.
Saturday we had lunch with the bride and sipped champagne while we got ready. It wouldn't be a wedding day without some hiccups. Erin had two worth noting. Her stylist called ten minutes before the wedding and said she was going to be over an HOUR late. Um, did she not know Erin had some fierce friends in that wedding party? Luckily it all worked out!
Aren't they sweet! What you cannot see in this photo is hiccup number two. Earlier that day a scuba diver had gone missing. Behind them, were Coat Guard boats and helicopters looking for him. I silently prayed the entire time that no bodies would be pulled out while they were getting married. The minister handled it so well. The helicopter only buzzed low once and we could still hear everything. FYI, this is the first time I've been to a wedding where the minister had his notes on an ipad. The band also kept their set list on one. Oh, the times we live in!
Here we are with the bride and groom! They hosted the best wedding. We ate well all weekend and just had the best time. I miss hanging out with this group of friends so much! It is very rare we are in the same place at the same time. You could totally feel the love the entire time. Erin is just one of those people who always remembers your birthday, anniversary, kids birthdays, and other major life milestones. You can expect a car for Valentine's day, Christmas, or just because. She showers her friends with love constantly. Even though she was the one getting married, she remembered that three of us were having birthdays within the next week and had presents for us. I am so thankful that we were able to be there for her since she has been there for us for so long. We owe her big time!
Erin had Trolley Stop hot dogs as a post wedding snack! I really enjoyed mine on the way home!
I think Erin has played the tambourine at just about every wedding she has been in/to. It was only fitting that she played one at her own!
Since Erin is now Mrs. Rice she had "rice" krispie treats as her wedding favors. That girl is just so creative. I wish I had more photos from this weekend but I kept forgetting my camera! I am terrible. Packing for a family of four is just too much. I am always forgetting something. I loved every minute of this celebration. The older I get the more I appreciate my close friends. They are priceless! I love you to pieces Erin Taylor Rice! I am so thankful for you. I hope you have the best time on your honeymoon!



What a fun wedding! I'm so happy you were there! I've only met Erin a few times, but the way you describe her is exactly what I imagined!
ReplyDelete