Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Surprise for ME!

All last week I ran around like a mad woman trying to get all the things I needed to for the parties this weekend. (I mean I even painted the trim in three rooms of the house and the porch railings and columns.) I had been consumed in getting everything just right. I had no idea my husband was up to something sneaky. Usually, I can see straight through him. I know him so well and he is a terrible secret keeper.

He had told me we were going to a friend's birthday dinner since we would have free babysitters. This person is not a great friend and I just did not understand WHY we were going to a small birthday gathering. I told him that I could not go if we did not get a lot done and I just wanted to work on party stuff. He said no go, we had to attend.

We walked into the restaurant, and there sat my parents and some of my friends including Joelle, who had come up early from Charlotte (by the way, there were three events this weekend and she attended them all, she rocks). At first I was SO confused. Then I realized what was going on and I was so embarrassed! It was an early birthday dinner for me!

I cannot believe Brett pulled this off! I really have not thought much about turning thirty. A sweet friend of mine is getting married that weekend so we will be busy celebrating her and her future hubby. I guess Brett wanted to make sure I got a little celebration too!

P.S. Want to know the reason there are no photos on this blog entry? Because when you throw a surprise party for the blogger you get NO photos!

Today's hint for the new members of our household, yes they ARE human!

No comments:

Post a Comment