Saturday, August 27, 2011

What I Forgot About the Fourth Month

We finally got the green light to start solids last week. I was elated! All of a sudden, Sutton has not been sleeping well and has been so restless. I think he needs more calories because all of a sudden my silent and still little baby has turned into an active little thing! I had forgotten all that changes around the fourth or fifth month!
Sutton is now rolling over, which means I'm not swaddling him anymore. We tried the sleep sack but it just didn't work. He immediately rolls onto his belly when I put him in his crib so he's now learning to sleep on his stomach. After weeks of restlessness and two trips to the doctor (I am SO paranoid about ear infections) we are trying to do strict sleep training.
In the past several weeks he's gone from just lying around to playing with toys, rolling, talking, and being able to spend time in his jumper. That's a lot going on! I guess he's just adjusting. I looked back at Moses' baby book at this time (yes, I also keep a written book) and he was going through a similar thing. How easy we forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment