It's been a year since we met face to face. We spent nearly forty weeks alone together and that day I got to peer at your little face for the first time I was just delighted! I wanted to stare at that face and snuggle that sweet body for as long as could. That seemed just fine by you too! Those first few weeks were spent with you sleeping quietly on my chest or in my arms and I wouldn't change it for anything.


You personality came on strong in the beginning! As soon as you learned how to smile, you hardly ever stopped! That sweet grin is as genuine as they come. With it you can be bashful, funny, sneaky or a million other things. You seemed to be an easy baby to me and I relished in the fact that you seem to take your time in trying new things. But when you did, that was it. You seem to wait until you knew exactly how to do something and then would show off to the world.
We did have some bumps in the road those first few months. For unknown reasons you just didn't want to go to the bathroom and your ears were a constant problem. You took both problems in stride and barely made a peep about them. Mommy was WAY more worried than you ever were!
From beach trips, the fair, zoo, pumpkin patches and then Christmas trees...things just seemed to fly by and you enjoyed it all. We took you everywhere to experience as much as you could. I know you wont remember these things but having you there was the most important thing.
These past few months have been especially special. I am really starting to get to know you even better. You are starting to show your mischievous side! If a door opens you run towards it hoping to be allowed outside or in a different room. You want to climb stairs, stool, chairs and well just about anything! You chase everyone around hoping for some fun. You dance along to music and laugh when your brother does something silly.
When I look at that face, I see so many faces I love. You seem to have gotten many of your features from my side of the family. When you smile I see my mom and those eyes remind me of my dad. I guess we got the name right! I love that you also favor your daddy and brother. You three are quite the team!
I love you little bug!


I love this! So very sweet...and a blessing!
ReplyDelete