Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

 There are not many times when I have everything together.  It's always hard to get everything in place when you have kids.  But once in awhile, a miracle occurs and I get my act together.  Last Easter, I had  newborn and was still recovering from my c-section.  I hadn't bought a new dress and I felt a mess.  I had grand plans this year.  The boys had matching Easter outfits (or costumes as Moses says).  I had a new dress.  Brett was going to help carry the cross in during services at church.  We were going to have brunch afterwards.  We were going to take beautiful pictures around the flowers in the yard.  Wrong, wrong, wrong!
 Sutton woke up feeling worse than he did on his birthday.  His nose is a faucet and he is GRUMPY.  I have never had either one of my children be as clingy and generally unhappy has he was today.  No way were we going to church.  Brett's allergies were bothering him too so even he couldn't handle it.  So we did Easter baskets for the boys and I had hid eggs for Moses to find.  I made a big breakfast and then we proceeded to a lot of nothing all morning!  I snuck away for some quiet time with my Bible and enjoyed being in the word even if I couldn't be at church.  Easter is so sacred to me because Jesus paid a debt I can never repay.  The weight of it all is so amazing!  It was important to take time to remember that and have it in my heart the entire day.

We couldn't take Sutton out to lunch, so Brett insisted that Moses and I go with my parents for some lunch.  We had a nice lunch and came back home and took out the wagon.  The  ONLY thing that makes Sutton content is being outside and in that wagon.  It's his happy place when he feels puny.
 Moses must be working on combating his brothers sick cranky behavior.  He has been the sweetest thing all week.  His manners have been great and he is just angelic most of the time.  I don't have to worry about him much at all lately!
Can you tell Moses was jazzed about his Easter presents?  This little boy is so into Transformers it's not even funny.  It is a 24/7 thing.  It's all he wants to do and all he wants to talk about!

Here's hoping for a better spring!  We suffered greatly last year with mono and sinus/ear infections so I am REALLY REALLY hoping this brood gets well and stays well!


No comments:

Post a Comment