Our sweet Sutton turned ONE on Saturday! I had gone back and forth on whether or not to have his party on his actual birthday because I knew that a lot of people would be out of town or busy because it was Easter weekend, but I went ahead and decided to do it. When ended up having a few friends and family and it was just fine with us! Unfortunately, Sutton has been out of sorts all week. He is suffering from some sort of cold/allergies/sinus infection/teething issues and was not his usual happy self. He was such a trooper though! He woke up and sang to him and gave him his first Krispy Kreme doughnut for breakfast! Last year I was buying them for the nurses and now my sweet boy was eating them himself! His brother gave him a little people airplane that he happily played with that morning!
His other favorite thing about his birthday were the balloons. We tied them to his jumper and they lasted about 15 minutes before they became untied and flew away. Pretty much all of the party was spent playing in the back yard. We have a great fenced in area and got a lot of big bouncy balls for the kids instead of goody bags. They played with them and had a great time! It was such a nice day and since Sutton loves to be outside that made it all the more better.
By the time we got him his cake he was OVER it! He just did not feel like pretending to be happy anymore (he gets that from me!). He ate a few bites of icing but did not want his cake. He has not felt like eating much with those teeth coming in.
We washed him off and put some comfy clothes on and let him back in yard. The above picture is pretty much the only real smile I got from him. This sweet boy just needs a birthday do over! All of our friends and family had a great time, especially big brother! Hopefully, he will be better next week and I can sneak him a little treat! Happy Birthday Little Bug!



No comments:
Post a Comment