Growing up, I was blessed with two wonderful grandmothers who loved me dearly. However, I was lucky enough that God granted me one extra one too! From the time I was born, Miss Noble (who I some how began calling Babapple when I first began to talk) and her husband were a huge fixtures in my life. They were more to our family than just next door neighbors. I spent so much time with them playing, cooking, or sneaking grape tomatoes out of the garden. Even though we moved she remained a huge part of our life.
When I got married, I was SO surprised that she was able to attend the wedding. She was nearly 90 so I thought there was no way she could make the trip, but she was there! I think she was the first person I went to hug! She had a great time and even danced with her son.
Last week, at the age of 95, Miss Noble passed away. At her funeral, I was reminded about how much she enjoyed caring for other people. I knew this firsthand. I know after having her for so many years her family dearly misses her...I know I do. Please join me in lifting them up in prayer as they begin a life without her.

No comments:
Post a Comment