Have I mentioned every time I blog how much I am LOVING this summer? Because I am! The week of the 4th, Brett took a few days off and we headed to Emerald Isle. It worked out so well because mom doesn't work on Mondays and she took off for the holiday. Dad even took a few days off too!
I was so ready to get on the boat and let the boys play. It really takes a lot of work though! Luckily, we pretty much have it down. We planned to leave right at morning nap time for Sutton. Dad had been tipped off to a new very small sand bar/island. It is SO crowded on Coast Guard Island and the other islands during holidays so this was a great find. I was really hoping Sutton would fall asleep on our way out there and he did. To my complete surprise he stayed asleep. Mom and I held him for awhile and finally made him a little bed with towels and life jackets. He continued to sleep! We did this twice and he slept two hours both times. Perfect!The weather down there was great. We played int he water, looked for shells, and played in the sand. the boys were so happy and enjoyed every second of it. Sutton would grab a fistful of sand and walk it back to the water. He gave it a taste a few times but it wasn't too bad.
The next time we went out we took the tube our neighbors had loaned us. We decided the first day to just use it to float. The boys like that too! It had a little bit of water in the bottom seats and they could splash and be happy.
I love this picture! It looks like they are being pulled by the boat but they are actually just getting pulled in by someone with the rope!
I can't get over this big boy. He swam and swam. He also learned the hard way that sea water is not like the pool and will burn your eyes. It's amazing to me that he is like an old pro on the boat. I'm very proud of him.
Later in the week we actually went tubing. I don't have pictures of this because of trying to keep the kids safe on the boat. I'm kind of sad because I'm sure it was hilarious. I haven't done it in so long! Dad was very gentle at first, but I skipped like a rock twice and Brett did a couple of times as well. Moses would tell us that he wanted to watch us fall. He thought it was the best thing! Brett even broke our his old hydroslide. I think that made him feel really old! I was proud of him though. He managed to do a 360 and then called it quits!
More to come on our awesome time at the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment