Our little bug is 15 months old! I feel like I am constantly laughing at the silly things he does. He is our little dancing machine. He moves his feet, gallops, and wiggles around when you ask him to dance. I think it is his happy dance because he doesn't even need music! I don't want to jinx it, but (with the exception of being out of town) he has been sleeping till 7am. This is huge! He is still napping 1.5 - 2 hours in the morning and afternoon as well. Bed time is still the same at 6:30 - 7pm. Must be all the the summer time play! And play we have. Sutton is now walking to the door and pulling at the door knob to go outside. He likes to climb in and our of the baby pools or hold on to the water hose. If we are in the big pool he likes to walk up and down the stairs. At the beach he will pick up a fistful of sand and then run to the water to put it back in. He also likes to splash there! He's become a much better boat rider!
Sutton is till not talking as much as I thought he would be, but that's ok because he can clearly communicate! He points emphatically at what he wants and says "DAT!" If he is hungry, he will go to the fridge or point to fruit in the basket and say, "Dat! Mmmmmmm!" or "Bite!" He loves playing with the bicycle pump and will blow in and out to let you know that is what he wants. If we don't quickly comprehend what he needs, he grows frustrated and begins to grunt! I've started calling him Gruntasaurus! The words we do understand are: Dada, Mama, bite, ball, rock rock (while sitting in a chair), baba (for his cup, formerly bottle) bite, Papa, Gaga, Roro (for round and round for "Wheels on the bus"). The funniest thing he can do is make the noise for the Transformers. Moses makes it when he plays with them and now Sutton picks them up and does the same thing!
Sutton is still doing great eating. He will eat his waffle in the morning (sometimes two) and then wait to have some of what I'm eating. He loves strawberries, grapes, watermelon, yogurt, broccoli, peas, cheese, turkey, ham, PB&J, bread, rice, corn on the cob, and the list goes on! His mega favorite is rice and refried beans from the Mexican restaurant. I personally could not eat as much as he does when we are there.
He is mostly playing with Moses' toys and also loves balls and toy cars. Sutton also loves the little people toys, especially the barn with the animals. He will thumb through a book and laugh at the pictures. The one thing that will guarantee him sitting still for a few minutes is an episode of Handy Manny. Little man LOVES it!
Sutton does have his dislikes. Getting his diaper changed is high up there! He is also super addicted to mommy and there are just times when no one else will do. We are still having a hard time with him wanting to be held all the time. I think he also dislikes wearing clothes and shoes, but part of me thinks it's all the hot weather! He is also in.to.everything! He thinks the toilet is a mini pool and our kitchen table is there to be climbed. Right now he is sporting a black eye from running into an end table.
Our baby boy is growing up fast! I can only imagine how all this will change very soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment