Monday, December 31, 2012

Before Christmas...

 Since Brett and I were gone the first week of December, we felt like we missed out on a lot of parties and activities.  Because of that I was determined to have a fun cookie decorating day with our friends.  My Type A self was ready for a major meltdown or huge mess.  Which ever came first.  For once I think I was really zen about it.  I let them do their thing then through out the table cloth.  My poor dyson did sigh when I got it out to clean up sprinkles in the carpet!
 I put down plastic table cloth for the decoration portion of the afternoon.   It was very messy!
 Sutton, just wanted to keep eating the sprinkles.

 Precisely none got on his cookies and all in his mouth.  Moses was taking the dump it all on and spread them out method which made for an interesting technique.  All in all it was a blast.  The kids were thrilled to have something to do together and the oldest ones all banned to together for some 'non baby" fun.

 Part of our original crew.  From the left, Kinsley, Maloy, Cameron and of course Moses.  Friends since they were 2 - 4 months old.  These kids and their Mommies are so dear to me.  We've all been through a lot together these last four years!
 As a family we were pretty low key.  With Sutton's asthma, we were afraid to risk the real tree and found a small 6.5 foot pre lit.  It's small but when decorated it looked fine.  But since we had so many leftover decorations I let Moses have his own tree to put some things on.  He did a great job.
Sutton keeps on trying to figure out a way to get through all the baby gating.  He wants to be able to go upstairs all on his own.  NO SIR.  He had his eyes on that tree too.  We are lucky the place we put it can be kept away from little hands!

1 comment:

  1. BTW, Kinsley has invited herself about 4-5 times to your house over the past few weeks to make cookies with you!!!! it really was a hit! as a matter of fact, i told her one saturday morning when she asked if she could go over that you guys were busy so she asked if i could do what you did! thankfully i bought some gingerbread cookie mix at the target 70% off sale! haha! nothing like cookies at 9am! :) but thanks again... she LOVED It!

    ReplyDelete