Saturday, June 29, 2013

Beginning Of Summer

So, I realized I skipped a good portion of our Summer from the last post.  As long as I get it all down it won't count right?  Hmm, ok sure!

 We spent Memorial Day weekend in Emerald Isle.  The weather here was oddly mild in April and May so we did not do as much boating as we usually do.  Boo.  We still managed a good bit of fun though!  We also stopped at Brett's family reunion and at some Wilbur's BBQ.  YUM.  Look at all those cute (thirdish, fourthish?) cousins!  And Sutton's hair in this pic?  STOP IT.
One of the best parts about my parent's house is their outdoor kitchen.  It is on a screened in porch directly off their indoor kitchen and it overlooks the water.  It's awesome!  You can cook seafood, bacon and other smelly things that tend to linger out there.  Sutton works on his music....
 And his....birdwatching?  Yeah we'll go with that instead of spying or stalking...
 The night we came home, after the best naps that were even taken, Moses and I booked it over to the essential places.  Target and Teeter.  When we got back, We saw fireflies.  Moses even managed to catch one.  Summer was here loud and clear!

 With the weather being delayed, so was the strawberry season.  They came late but sweet.  We always head to Porter Farms on Hwy 42.  They have a huge field, plenty of other produce, fresh herbs, flowers, and an ice cream and lemonade area.  Stop, make that the best homemade lemonade you have ever had.  I watched her squeeze the lemons, add sugar and water.  Did I want to add cherries?  Oh, yes I do.  We had a blast!



 You will pretty much only see pictures of the boys getting along because when they look so sweet I can't even stand it.  I have to take a picture and over share.  Because ya'll, when it's bad, it's really bad.  But when it's not, heaven on earth.  Those boys love each other something fierce.  But when you love so much some times I guess you just get annoyed with each other!  Some days we will take time apart so that we can recharge our batteries.

 Our new summer addition is adding sand to the underneath area of the playground.  They love it!  Quiet happy play with trucks, shovels and buckets.

 We've been working with Moses on a chore chart this summer so he doesn't get too off a routine.  We've always had rules.  Like the one they are skirting two photos above.  Food only in the kitchen, porch and outside.  One on the chart is also get dressed.  One day Mr. Ambitious got his brother dressed.  Minus the diaper.  Oooops.
 When we went to pick up the sand at Home Depot, we also picked up a bird feeder.  Squirrels have staked it out for themselves.  It is a true Mission Impossible task.  We have yet to figure out a plan B.
Basically, since we (kids up, we're up) are early risers we have a lot of time to fill during the day.  I take the farm approach.  Get up.  Get going early.  Get outdoor activities/work started first when the heat is not oppressive.  We lunch it up.  Watch a show and color.  Nap, snack and outdoor playground time because it's nice and shaded.  Dinner.  Daddy time.  Sleep.  WHEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment