Yes, I know I have been a major slacker of late when it comes to my little corner of the internet. Part of it is not having a free nanosecond the other is "Do I (you) really want a record of the crazy that is my life?" Hmm perhaps? Seems it's been all the rage to come down hard on mommies who share information on blogs/facebook/twitter and the like. I hear so many I can't believe she ________ insert outrageous mommy atrocity______ for everyone to know about. Her kids are going to grow up and be __________ when they find out.
Yeah, the internet is a big ol' free for all when it comes to finding out stuff about people. I mean, if you live in Wake County, all you must do to find out where someone lives, when they bought their home, and how much they paid for it is to search wake.gov. (shut up, you know you do it and don't try to lie) So, we all know WAY more about each other via social media and big brother than ever. It's the age of transparency. And you know what. I LOVE IT.
No, I don't want to hear about who's breaking up and the drama surrounding it. (No young friends, this does NOT change the older you get.) Don't need to see the overly graphic pics of your especially frightening labor. (No lie, one friend went.too.far). And the gratuitous selfies can be excessive. (We can tell you look great without the everyday workout pic).
What I do love is knowing I am not alone! This crazy, bizarre, who could have ever imagined life is shared with others. I am not the only one! Why did no one ever talk about this before now? Bad manners? I'm sorry the information that boys ARE going to think that walking around naked shaking their manhood on a regular basis IS something I would like to mentally prepare for. A huge mommy fist bump to the ladies who are not hiding those little bums from the shame of "the book of faces." Instead of a like button, we need a "OMG, ME TOO!" selection.
So, to wrap this up, if you area a judgmental quasi friend who is already talking about how I can't do anything correctly in the first place...I guess you might be getting more ammo soon because I feel the need to pick up this little outlet and "memory" book of mine.
As for the, "what if your kids read this one day and are mad an embarrassed?" Seriously? Was I not embarrassed the time you HAD to GO at an outdoor picnic with numerous friends and dropped trough and relieved yourself? Was I not furious to leave a restaurant full of people because being two (or three, or four..) is HARD. I'm sorry, that is just CRAZY! This is real people. We have tons and tons of great memories. But the ones we laugh so hard we cry at are the ones that began in the most dire of circumstances. So, back to writing them I hopefully will go.
No comments:
Post a Comment