Picture me singing, sunrise, sunset. And insert statements like, "Where the heck did the time go!" Moses is taller and looks....OLDER! Sutton's hair has only gotten cuter like the rest of him!
And oh my word they learned so much. We were SO lucky with our teachers this year. I had no worries or concerns during the day. Even the other teachers would tell me how much they adore the little Barker Boys.
Both boys bolt out of the car when it's a school day. Moses went five days a week and will continue to do so again next year. We have decided that since his birthdate is only days away from the cutoff date we will hold him back. We have two or three other friends doing the same thing and we feel good about this decision. This past year Sutton attended two days a week. After much schedule discussion he will go three days a week. WHEW.
So begins our summer. I'm not going to lie I'm scared. I'm a work/stay/play/teach at home mommy who has a long stretch of days to fill with, fun! pool! activities! playtime! imagination! Let's hope I can pull out my magic bag of tricks and they don't run out by the first 4 hours.
I do have some summer goals and here they are!
Moses :
1. Do better with is daily routine of chores/expectations
2. Work on counting
3. Read together more
4. By the end of the summer having HIM read some
Sutton
1. Uhhhhhhhh paci has to go soon. Or cut WAAAY back. Dread.Screams.Horrors.
2. Work on the potty training.
3. Work on talking. Please start saying something kid.
4. He's starting to be a picky eater. Put the foot down on this now before it gets worse.
Stella
1. Don't Slack on the work out. I do great unless I leave town.
2. Time to get serious about eating right and cutting out the Pepsi Max addiction. This should not coincide at any point with Sutton giving up his paci. One of us might not make it.
3. Explore Fuquay/Apex/ Holly Springs more. Throw Raleigh in when necessary.
4. Read some good stuff. Already down two summer books. Hoping for more!
Ambition ya'll. Don't you LOVE it! Can't wait to update all this come September. Oh dear Lord. Will we make it!?


This is often a wonderful blog, would you be interested in working on an interview regarding just how you made it? If so e-mail me!
ReplyDelete