Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fourth with my Firecrackers!

As usual, we spent July 4th in Emerald Isle.  It is SO nice to be able to only travel by boat for the weekend with a few exceptions.

 Sutton spent a lot of time trying to take some calls on this funny phone he found.  Why would it have a cord?

 I could NOT get these two to sit and take a photo together this year.  Last year we got some really great ones.  This year?  NOPE.  So this is how it ended up.  We did a lot of boating and playing.  Then things got a little bit crazy.  Friday, my grandmother was taken to the hospital.  He had fallen the day before and when you take blood thinners you have to watch that.  Her oxygen levels were low so she went to get checked out.  They determined a few changes and luckily sent her home that night.  I know mom was worried sick, but we were all relieved it just a quick visit.

 Sutton looked, and for the most part sounded just fine despite a runny nose.  He woke up with a slight wheeze so we gave him a breathing treatment which worked for a bit.  But we realized he would need an oral dose of steroids and we had left that medication at home.  So Brett first left with him and I followed behind later leaving Moses with my parents so we could focus on our sicky poo.

As you can see he rebounded just fine.  We met gaga in Kinston so I could retrieve Moses and had some Chic fil a.  By the way you guys, when you grew up in a small town every.single.person you see or run into has some sort of history with you or your parents.  Because your parents and their parents and their parents all grew up in the same town too.  Like mother of daughter I don't remember, father's coworkers, father of girls who I taught dance to, and the most favorite, the girl who didn't like me ever.  Must remember to look cuter/thinner/more put together next time.  Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment