My entire Summer goal has been this: When my kids are asked, "What did you do this summer?" by no means can they answer, "nothing." So that's how we are living our life!
It's been hard to get to the pool this year because it has been cooler and wetter than normal. I do NOT do a cold pool. I am that mama who is in the pool pretty much the entire time (always with Sutton) and I do not like sitting in cold water. The rain has also been constant, but upside now that the weather has risen to sweltering, the pool remains cool. The kids LOVE it. Disney has a term called "rope drop" which means opening. That is the way we live our lives. We are early risers and we are at the pool when it opens. The result, an empty pool with no one else to worry about for at least half an hour. The boys can practice their swimming and it is so much easier to keep a good eye on them. Moses is doing a great job remembering his swimming and Sutton is a pro in his "puddle jumper." That thing rocks. So wish I had known about these for Moses.
Another great early morning activity has been painting. Both boys love it. They can make all sorts of things and be free. We just get out our washable paint and as you can see strip down. I love this for early because we can do it outside before it gets hot and follow up with playing in water which washes the paint away.
Another small town fun place is Sunni Skies in Angier. They have over 100 different flavors of homemade ice cream. Oh yum. We had four tickets for free scoops so those bad boys had to be used. It made for a very happy family.
I also try to do something "pinteresting" once a week. Two weeks ago I tried the spaghetti/hot dog octopus. The boys liked it I think but it did not look quite like I thought it would. Not quite a failure, but a very mild success.
On to more summer adventures!

No comments:
Post a Comment