Brett's birthday was July 29. I can so for sure that he really needed a nice relaxing day. Brett's company, Cisco, has it's end of fiscal year in July. Usually Brett's birthday falls on that day or within that week. Luckily, this year it was after. Even so, Brett was pretty worn out from having worked lots and lots of extra time to ensure everything closed out well.
We treated him to a round of golf. The front nine were played all together. It was not the relaxing experience that he had in mind, but I really enjoyed driving him and the boys in the cart. We left him to finish up while we took naps and ate lunch. Later that afternoon, Brett and I had a conference call with our Disney vacation planner and booked our trip for October! All of our funds for big birthdays are going towards this trip! I did however secretly contact our Sunday School advisors who were at the college world series where State was playing and asked them to bring Brett back a shirt. He loved it! Mission surprise accomplished!
There's nothing like having a daddy as wonderful as Brett. He works hard and plays hard and loves all of us so much. Family is so important to him and we feel so blessed by his love everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment