Saturday, August 24, 2013

End of Summer Impressions

 Recently, theres been a trend about "mommies complaining too much" whether it be on facebook or blogs or in person.  I understand.  Kids don't want to feel unloved.  Kids are a blessing.  We don't want to hear your complaining.  I get it.  Totally.
 However, I do feel compassion for these folks.  It's tough here in the trenches.  From sun up to down I have two little ones with me.  Their needs come before mine.  I work on their schedule.  They have no filter.  Their emotions are floodgates that explode with out a moments notice over the mere presence of the other.  We have no cleaning lady.  We have no family close by to pop in and watch our kids for a few hours to give mom and/or dad a break.  It's all family all the time.  And it can be hard.
 As you've read, we started summer off with a bang.  It will be our last "true" summer for a long time.  All of our assigned schools are year round.  After 12 weeks of non stop togetherness I think that will be a great thing.  I have loved waking up and not having to be somewhere by a certain time, packing lunch, making sure everyone is in the car and then getting in the carpool line.  We play, we talk, we watch a show or movie (GASP), we play outside, eat PB&Js, take naps, etc, etc.  But, Moses and Sutton are starting to tire of each other....and me.  Annoyed party of three no one wants to see.
My sanity has been saved by the very people who are taking it.  Sutton insisting on eating any cake with a party hat on.  Moses, finally starting to get 12-20 right...and then counting higher.  Anytime they are sweet to each other or us.  It completely turns our day around.  I'm clinging to these moments as The last week of Summer begins.  Our Fall is jammed packed with activities, parties, weddings, volunteer work, traditions, football, and a big trip.  Shew.  Might want to get some rest while we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment