Ok, if this post could have theme music playing in the background it would be Star Wars all the way. One of the super not so secret things to do FREE at Disney is the Jedi Academy at Hollywood studios. Here's the deal. You have to sign up, first come first serve, in person with your child the day you want to go. Oh and they only take a certain number of kids. What does that mean? I was staining in line with Moses 30 minutes before rope drop with a bunch of dads and sons.
The day before, I had asked a cast member where to go to sign up. The nice guy walked me over and went over all the rules with me. So when they opened the park, I knew exactly where to run. Yes I said run. It was like Black Friday times ten. And you know who got into the first class of the day. You betcha. Our Mo-man!
He loooooooved it. He did not know until we were waiting in line that he was going to go. Like his mama, he was super quiet and did not say much and tried to play it cool. But in the three months since we've been home it's all he's talked about. He tells all new people he meets that he fought Darth Vader. A day does not go by where he does not mention it.
After the academy, Moses rode the Star Wars ride and designed his own light saber. Joy. Then we headed to Hollywood and Vine for the Disney Junior Character meal. This was the one the boys were most excited about when it started. I think the cast members at this one were the best too. They encouraged the boys to get up and dance and play!
Seriously, very nearly our Christmas Card pic if not for all the food all over the table. These boys have both loved Oso.
The most popular ride in all of Disney World is Toy Story Mania. We were prepared to wait in line and deal with it. We waited for a little bit and then the ride broke. Of course! So we went across the street to meet Buzz and Woody.
For this happiness it was worth the wait in line all over again. They were so good all week about waiting in line. I was one proud mama.
The adults also took a turn riding the Rock 'n Rollercoaster. WHOA. It's like an updated Space Mountain. I opted out of second go around and sat with the boys. I was ready for a nap.
We had one sit down dinner left that week that I had been playing with all week. There are some reservations that are super hard to get but open up occasionally during the week. We got really lucky and snagged a spot at Chef Mickey at the last minute. Great times!!! PS can you see Moses copping a feel on Minnie Mouse? I was SO embarrassed.
Since the restaurant is in walking distance or one monorail stop away from the Magic Kingdom, we swung in to ride a few rides before park closing.
Oh, and we also picked up Zurg. We had one super jazzed toddler.








No comments:
Post a Comment